KOSHER RECIPES FOR GLUTEN-FREE LIVING



Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Orange Creamsicle (Dairy-Free Smoothie)

When I was a child, I spent many summer days at Moriello's, our town's public swimming pool. After a few hours of splishing and splashing, I would run barefoot over to the ice cream stand, where for pocket change you could buy Good Humor ice cream in deliciously soggy frozen cones; Mickey Mouse popsicles with a gumball for a nose; or red, white and blue rocket popsicles. My hands-down favorite was the Creamsicle (orange flavor only, of course)... Vanilla ice cream encased in a thick layer of icey orange sorbet. This creamy drink is inspired by Creamsicles and memories of hot summer days. No dairy, vegan, no added sugar.

THE ORANGE CREAMSICLE

1 cup orange juice, not from concentrate
1 cup rice milk, fortified (plain or vanilla)
1 banana
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth and frothy. Serve immediately.


4 comments:

Mike Eberhart said...

Not only tasty, but healthy - banana and OJ, it has to be good for you. Certainly some potassium in there!

Anonymous said...

ooo i love these kinds of smoothies :) will definitely try it :)h

Anonymous said...

These look great - I'm hoping they will be a new hit with my picky toddler : )

K Allrich said...

Yum- fab combo! I added this link to today's smoothie post. xoxoyvswy