KOSHER RECIPES FOR GLUTEN-FREE LIVING



Monday, February 26, 2007

The Curse of the Lazy Blogger: A Letter to My Readers

My dear and loyal readers,

I just received a few e-mails from readers who pointed out that in the Multigrain Miracle Bread recipe I forgot to write the word "flour" after the first few ingredients. This led some people to wonder if I was calling for flour or for cooked grains instead. I have now corrected the recipe and it should now be clearer. In addition, I was tipped off to the fact that I left out the dijon mustard in the Lemon-Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Oy! This is what I get for lazily proof-reading my recipes late at night.

These errors have now been changed. Many thanks to all of my detail-oriented readers who took the time to let me know. I am a good proofreader of other peoples' writing, but clearly not a good proofreader of my own. I hope you enjoy these recipes.

A word to e-mail subscribers: You are not sent a revised version when I revise a blog entry because you were already e-mailed a post. This means that in situations like these, where I update a recipe for clarity's sake or to correct an error, the recipe you have in your inbox will not be correct. Thus, I recommend clicking the link within each e-mail to actually visit the original post on the website itself. The URL of my blog is:

http://glutenfreebay.blogspot.com


Check the actual site periodically for occasional changes to posts and recipes, new links on the sidebar, etc... And to comment on my posts, of course!

You might also consider subscribing to a feed reader or RSS aggregator such as Google Reader (my favorite), MyYahoo, MyAOL or NewsGator. I find these much better ways to read blogs than through e-mail subscription. These sites all enable you to read ALL of your favorite blogs in one place on one page. You simply "subscribe" to a blog through one of these sites and check the aggregator site daily to see all of the latest posts, without having to individually visit each blog. It saves time and mouse clicks and energy.

Thanks for your patience with my mistakes, everybody. Please never hesitate to let me know if there's something confusing or inaccurate in my posts and my recipes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog...just curious...what do you think of the gf matzo? It's quite expensive...I'm willing to go for it for Passover but ouch, not even reasonable! I'll take your advice though!!

ByTheBay said...

Faye - I haven't tried it. My thought is that if it's important enough to you to have matzo, go for it. If not, why bother? It also has to do with one's personal level of observance. I would like to give it a try but probably won't do so this year since money's tight. I will either try to make my own unleavened flatbread from potato starch and almond meal (I'm going to experiment this weekend, I think) or I will simply forgo the matzo.