Either way, allow me to introduce myself. Over there on the right hand is a slimmer, tight-pants-wearing cartoon version of me. If you don't recognize me on the street, I forgive you.
Here are some factoids:
- I'm originally from New York. I worry sometimes that if I moved back there I'd have to change the name of my blog. Oh no!
- My dad taught me how to cook. He did all the cooking in our house when I was growing up.
- My favorite foods are mostly Ashkenazi Jewish, Ethiopian and Indian. I also have a big, big love for sushi.
- I love to garden, and to grow my own herbs and vegetables. I live in a lovely little cottage. My porch is overflowing with potted plants, which makes me very happy.
- All of my recipes are kosher, if you make them with kosher ingredients. You won't find recipes here that call for pork products, shellfish, etc - And none of my dishes mix dairy and meat together in the same recipe.
- I worked in the food industry (catering and restaurant) for a number of years. I currently work as an office drone.
- My plans for this blog include reworking more Jewish favorites and Ethiopian dishes, creating pierogies that taste like the real thing, and exploring the fascinating chemistry experiment that is gluten-free breadmaking.
- I've been cooking way more regularly since I started this blog and have hardly been eating out at all. If you are looking for an incentive to eat at home, I recommend food blogging!