KOSHER RECIPES FOR GLUTEN-FREE LIVING



Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Semi-Weekly Gluten-Free Recipe Roundup - 1/24/07

Dear Readers,

It's here! The latest edition of the Gluten-Free Recipe Roundup, hot off the cyberpresses. I'm happy to include a few new blogs in this week's roundup and lots of tantalizing recipes that even our gluten-eating friends and family will love.

This Week's Featured Recipe:
When Bea of La Tartine Gourmande posted her Potato, Fennel, Pear and Fourme d'Ambert Timbale the blog world, myself included, oohed and ahhed at its glory. Unfortunately many blue cheeses have gluten in them, as they are often started with bread mold, so the timbale recipe needed some tweaking to become suitable for celiacs. Before I got a chance to try to work on it myself, the talented Brilynn of Jumbo Empanadas posted her own beautiful take on Bea's recipe, made with goat's cheese and aged cheddar instead of blue cheese, and adding asparagus for a tasty twist. Her Tater Timbales (see photo) are suitable for those on a gluten-free diet and sure look fantastic!


NOTE: Some of these recipes may call for ingredients that are available in both gluten-containing and gluten-free versions. Some examples of such ingredients include: bouillon cubes, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, chicken broth. As always, please read the labels carefully. When in doubt, contact the manufacturer to ascertain the food's gluten status.

For those who have noticed a suspicious lack of pork and shellfish on these weekly roundups... This is a kosher blog, so all recipes I post or link to are kosher or can easily be adjusted to be kosher. If you have a recipe to submit, please do e-mail me!

4 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

The broccoli recipe sounds wonderful.I might give it a go tonight.
Tasty blog.
Thanks.

Mike Eberhart said...

Another wonderful list of recipes. Thanks for creating the summarized links to all these. I'll try to get some more new recipes up on line for the next GF roundup :)

Kalyn Denny said...

Thanks again for including me. There are some amazing looking recipes here for sure. My chicken in a crockpot with curry sauce pales in comparison, but it was tasty for a busy night!

ByTheBay said...

Leah - Broccoli is one of my very favorite vegetables in the whole world. Yum.

Mike - Thanks so much for all your support.

Kalyn - I love when you post recipes that look tasty, healthy and easy to prepare. It's only hard to choose which ones to include in the roundup! I don't have a crockpot but am considering purchasing one.