KOSHER RECIPES FOR GLUTEN-FREE LIVING



Saturday, January 13, 2007

Gratitude & culinary feedback

Thank you all so much for coming out of the woodwork and expressing your thoughts, suggestions and love in countless private e-mails and comments here on the blog. I feel that warm glowy feeling that comes when you know you're appreciated. It means so much to me. It made me realize that there are a whole lot of people out there who are actually reading what I write and, better yet, cooking my recipes. That is so exciting (and intimidating)! I can't think of a bigger compliment than having your writing read and your recipes cooked - So thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

For those of you who've made the recipes I've posted, I would like to encourage you to rate them on RecipeZaar if you have the chance. I publish most of my recipes there after I post them on this here blog. It's free of charge. You can set very specific parameters when searching their massive recipe database- Today, for instance, I had the site sort out all the recipes for appetizers that are both vegan and gluten-free. It also shows you nutritional information for each recipe and allows you to add recipes to your own "virtual cookbook." You can post photos of recipes that you've made, share your own recipes, and connect with other people in the various community forums.

You can view my RecipeZaar recipes here. I will be adding many more in the coming days. When you take the time to rate and review my recipes on there, you give me the gift of valuable feedback on the food I create, which helps my cooking and recipe writing improve and gives me the motivation to keep cooking - As the saying goes: Progress, not perfection!

5 comments:

Berkeley Hapa said...

Hi, I didn't see your post last week asking for "de-lurkers"--I occasionally pop by your blog as I have some wheat allergies (not totally gluten though). I wanted to thank you for your tip on Charles Chocolates, I ordered some for the holidays! We had been ordering organic chocolates from donnelly.com in Santa Cruz, which are totally different, more expensive, but really good, but it is nice to have some local options! Keep up the good work.

ByTheBay said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello, Berkeley Hapa!

Mike Eberhart said...

Bay,
You have a really great recipe collection forming to say the least! Great work! That's certain to be a very useful resource for the GF population.

Sea said...

Do I count as a lurker? ;)

Love your recipezaar collection. Are the yummy knishes there too? I couldn't find them, and here and I wanted to give them a billion stars.

ByTheBay said...

Sea - Aw, thanks. You can count as whatever you'd like to count as! You definitely count as the gluten-free cyberspace person I have the most interest in meeting in real life some day. The knish recipe isn't on RecipeZaar but I will be sure to e-mail you when it is!