Seamaiden of Book of Yum recently tagged me to do a meme called 8 Random Facts. And by "recently" I mean "almost a month ago", but we all know what a slacker of a blogger I have been this summer! I don't usually do memes but this one looks fun so here goes.
The rules for this meme are:
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged [I've tagged only 5, because I'm a rule-breaker like that.]
Eight Random Facts About Me
1) I have had a lot of jobs, and they are every bit as varied as my personality and my interests. Among other things I have worked as a prep cook, a soda jerk, a UPS airplane loader, calendar editor for a magazine, a warehouse manager, an adult toy salesperson (ahem), an administrative assistant, a leather-cutter and a railroad conductor.
2) The past few months I've been having a love affair with the area where I grew up and recently returned after my 10 year self-imposed exile.
3) I drive a purple car. I like to call the color "eggplant", and it does look black at first glance, but really it is purple. And kind of sparkly. It is the first car I have ever owned.
4) At any given time I have about 5 different business plans stewing in my brain.
5) I want to have a big Jewish family with a whole slew of kids.
6) I cannot understand why people live with animals. I am allergic to cats and many dogs, and the idea of sharing my living space with a non-human mammal makes me shudder. However, I love farm animals and wildlife.
7) I really love pickles, a whole lot. But only sour pickles - The more sour the better. Sour dills, sour garlics, they are all good to me. Pickled veggies, too. But sweet pickles offend me on every level. When I was in high school, before I had to worry about things like heartburn, when I went out with friends at night it was usually to the diner (the only 24-hour place in town), where I would order a whole plate of pickles and an orange soda. Yes, I have always eaten like a pregnant woman. I also find eating sour and salty foods like pickles and olives helps me with sugar cravings.
8) I have just become an honest-to-goodness college student for the first time in eight years. I am doing the prerequisites to (G-d willing) transfer into a program to become a Registered Dietitian or a Nutrition Educator.
And if I were to be allowed a ninth thing, it would be that I think/hope many of you are going to be pretty excited about the next recipe I'll be posting!
Gluten-Free [Etc] Goddess
Please Don't Pass the Nuts
My Basement Years
Tag, you're it! [But I promise not to take it personally if you don't want to join in]