KOSHER RECIPES FOR GLUTEN-FREE LIVING



Friday, August 24, 2007

Totally-Not-Weekly Gluten-Free Recipe Roundup: 8/22/07

Writing this recipe round-up has made Randy Travis' song "Too Gone for Too Long" play on a loop in my head. I hope I haven't been too gone for too long to make a comeback with another episode of the Semi-Weekly (Ha!) Gluten-Free Recipe Roundup. Forgive me for dropping the ball - And many thanks to Seamaiden for picking up the slack. I'd like to draw everyone's attention to her beautiful and innovative Buckwheat Crepes with Lowfat Creamy Mushroom Filling - They are a great example of innovation in presentation, and they are nutritious, to boot. The weather has cooled down enough for me to get excited about cooking and baking again, and I have some time on my hands before school craziness begins, so I thought I'd give you a taste of the most intriguing gluten-free recipes on the blogosphere. By the way, if you're wondering what that picture is... It's itty bitty baby Romeo carrots. I was thinning my carrots and these are the "thinnings" - Candy-sized carrots that are sweet as can be. The big ones are might tasty, too.
Disclaimer: As usual, there are recipes on here that call for ingredients that can be found in both gluten-free and gluten-laden versions (soy sauce, breadcrumbs, etc). There are also ingredients that can be found in kosher and non-kosher versions (and of course milchig and fleishig and pareve). I haven't checked over every ingredient list with a fine-toothed comb, so be sure to check labels, and be creative!

Bon appetit.

7 comments:

Sea said...

Whoo hoo! You really are back! Thank you for the highlights. I now know exactly how much work these roundups are- you rule the universe! I've been collecting recipes from the month, so I might still do my monthly roundup again, but hopefully that will just result in more recipes coming to everyone's attention- I'll try to avoid overlap. I've been finding some incredible gluten free recipes at non GF blogs- I love when that happens. So glad to have you back!

-B

Sea said...

Oh, by the way... *blush* the links to my name and recipe seem to be a bit goofy- I think there's a htpp and maybe some other funny thing happenin...
-B

Jon said...

Wonderful idea! New to the gluten free blogging universe and am glad to see something like this exists:) Your first mention of the Buckwheat crepes sounded good enough to click - but the link is not correct. The one in the list below works fine though :P Thanks again!

ByTheBay said...

Sea: I know, it is a lot of work. But it's fun. Feel free to duplicate, or not. The more the merrier. BTW, I am the one who should be blushing! I'm sorry about that - I think I fixed the links now.

ByTheBay said...

Jon: Welcome to the GF blog world! Link fixed... thanks for the heads up :)

Sheltie Girl said...

I love your candy sized carrots. My first batch of carrots didn't make it...there was too much rain here in NY. So I'm on crop #2. Here's hoping that they will make it. They are only 2 inches above the ground right now. I have high hopes for this crop.

Good Luck at School!

Sheltie Girl @ Gluten A Go Go

K Allrich said...

Isaiah - Thanks for including two of my recipes in your GF Recipe Round-Up! You are a peach.

And (as usual) all the contenders look tasty. :)

Karina