KOSHER RECIPES FOR GLUTEN-FREE LIVING



Thursday, June 11, 2009

Un-Cooking: Strawberry-Pear Salad with Goat Cheese



I just posted one of my partner Rochel's recipes and I thought I'd share another. I feel silly posting this as a recipe because it is is less of a recipe than a list of ingredients, but it's so addictively tasty that I wanted to share it with you all. We make this with inexpensive kosher goat cheese we buy a huge log of for around $4 at Costco.

STRAWBERRY-PEAR SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE


[ Gluten-Free / Vegetarian / Soy-Free ]


Romaine lettuce, chopped or Boston lettuce, torn
Ripe pear, sliced
Strawberries, sliced
Goat cheese
Balsamic vinaigrette (balsamic vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, black pepper, a little dijon mustard and some raspberry jam or pomegranate juice to sweeten it a bit)
Optional: Pecans

On each plate put a generous amount of romaine lettuce, then arrange strawberries, pear slices and slices of goat cheese in an attractive way. Sprinkle with pecans (optional) and drizzle with dressing right before serving.

8 comments:

~M said...

I love this "uncooking" series! What brand of goat cheese is gf and kosher from Costco? I adore Costco!

Here's another salad for you: cube ripe white peaches and dried cherries (from Costco) over romaine or bibb lettuce, add sliced almonds or toasted pecans. I top with a homemade vinaigrette made of 4 parts EVOO, 1 part pomegranate molasses, 1 part balsamic vinegar; plus, leftover peach juices. SO GOOD!

ByTheBay said...

It's this stuff from Woolwich Dairy. It might be regional. It's OU. A very generous log for under $5.

That salad sounds amazing! I'd have to peel the peaches because I can't bear the feeling of my teeth going through the fuzzy skin (weird, I know). It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. But I love the taste of peaches. I'll have to give it a go - Sounds like we like similar salads and dressings! I don't think I've ever put dried cherries on a salad but I love them so I'll have to give it a try.

I'm going to post another really delicious green salad that features fruit soon.

Liz said...

Hi! I'm new, your salad looks really good with the goat cheese and fruits, miam.

clarissa said...

Sounds yummy!! Have to go try it!

killer said...

really good:x

genie said...

Bob loves salads with goat cheese! Will have to try this combination. Thanks for the "un-recipe."

Children's books fan said...

I really love your site and all you are sharing here. This is very helpful! I work part-time for the author, Tina Turbin who has a Gluten-free site and Gluten-Free blog. I really think you two should be introduced. I know she recommends other bloggers on her blog page in a special section and I think you would be one she would most definitely be interested in referring. Could you e mail me back please and let me know if you would be interested in referring her link and her referring yours. I will let her know and you two can take it from there. She also reviews products and companies, does interviews and writes numerous Articles. I really think you’d like her! Thanks, Rosie www.GlutenFreeHelp.info

bourne said...

This salad looks so delicious. I'll try this at home