KOSHER RECIPES FOR GLUTEN-FREE LIVING



Monday, November 05, 2007

The Occasional Gluten-Free Recipe Roundup: 11/5/07

The blogosphere has been truly hopping with wonderful gluten-free recipes the past few months. New gluten-free blogs keep popping up, and more blogs that aren't strictly gluten-free have been publishing GF recipes, which is wonderful to see. Recent trends I've noticed include gluten-free pasta making from scratch and ingredients like quinoa and agave nectar. Health-oriented and vegan recipes abound these days. But fear not, there are plenty of recipes for you sugar addicts and fans of refined grains and saturated fats, too. Thanks for all the inspiration all of you bloggers have been providing me with recently. This list is only the tip of the gluten-free iceberg.

I've tried something new this time, categorizing recipes in order to make it easier to find what you're looking for and to plan a menu. The categories are a bit arbitrary - One woman's side dish is another woman's entree. So let me know if these categories work for you or if there's anything else I can do to make this list more useful. All of these recipes are gluten-free and kosher, or require no more than one substitution to become so. I hope you find this roundup useful, I sure had fun putting it together. Give a shout if you try one of the recipes. Bon appetit!

BREAKFAST
APPETIZERS & SALADS
SOUPS & STEWS
BREADS
VEGETARIAN & VEGAN ENTREES
MEAT ENTREES
FISH ENTREES
SIDE DISHES
DESSERTS
BEVERAGES, SNACKS & MISCELLANY
Disclaimer: As usual, there are recipes on here that call for ingredients that can be found in both gluten-free and gluten-laden versions (soy sauce, breadcrumbs, etc). There are also ingredients that are available in both kosher and non-kosher versions (and of course milchig and fleishig and pareve). I haven't checked over every ingredient list with a fine-toothed comb, so be sure to check labels, and be creative!

Click here for previous editions of the Gluten-Free Recipe Roundup

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Holy-Organizational Skills, Batwoman! You are AMAZING!

This list looks SO good! I'm honored to be included...however my hips are gonna pay the price when I start making all those amazing recipes I was just clicking my way through with happy-taste buds in tow!

:^)
AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

As usual, awesome roundup! I'm not gluten-free, but I still always find recipes I want to try when I peruse your lists. And thank you so much for including links to my recipes as well.

Kalyn Denny said...

What a great collection of recipes. Thanks for including me too. I was especially glad to find out that the peanut butter cookies were gluten-free, they were so good!

Carrie said...

What an awesome roundup of recipes!!! I'm impressed!!! Thanks so much for including my sweet-potato apple casserole!!

Good grief! I have NO idea what in the world I'll come up with for Thanksgiving this year! There are just TOO many good gluten-free recipes out there!! (Oh wait... there can never be TOO many!!)

Mrs. G.F. said...

I love your round-ups. Great job!

Jean Layton-GF Dr. Mom said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You take the work out of scanning the blogosphere to find the tasty recipes. I can't wait to try some more.

K Allrich said...

Darling GF Round-Up Goddess!

Wow- don't you just love fall recipes? Such earthy, savory goodness. Yay.

Thank you for including one of my recipes. I can't wait to try some of the (many) fab-looking recipes you've included...I'm so hungry after reading your (expertly organized) list!

:)

Karina

Catherine said...

Hey there,

Thanks so much for including my black bean and sweet potato soup in your round up! great list!

Chef Jeena said...

Hi there you have a lovely food blog. I love your recipes they look delicious. Feel free to check out my gluten free xmas cake recipe here
Click here for gluten free christmas cake recipe

THEOSOFT said...

Thanks for the blog.